Sunday, September 15, 2019

First Memory



I know that it's hard to believe but this picture is of my very first memory. When I reach into the deepest recesses of my memory bank, I remember this moment. Actually, not this exact moment but maybe the one right before or after the picture. I remember sitting in that chair and looking out onto my grandparent's farm in Mexico. In the picture I'm in an obviously shaded place but outside of the shade I remember the sun being strong while a couple of tractors pulled some plows. Looking into my face, I can totally picture the moment and my brain probably trying to make sense of what I was watching.

It was probably that look of processing that caught my father's attention when he took this picture. I'm pretty sure I was oblivious to him as I tried to figure out the world in front of me while pooping my diapers. Things haven't changed much in 40 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment